Why? Because sharing your goals improves your chances of achieving them. The reason sharing goals with others is so effective is because when you share your goals 2 things occur: 1) You become accountable and 2) You may receive some help.
As Kirstin O'Donovan suggests in Why Setting Goals is Essential for Success in Any Area!", "Setting goals is the essential ingredient to achieving success in any area. It begins with desire, and then a written goal, followed by the right attitude and action, and that is your formula for success."
Without further ado, here are My Goals for 2015.
- Be a Better, More Connected Friend
- I don't feel like I've stayed very well connected with my friends so I'd like to do a better job with this. Some friends I need to reconnect with, others I just need to contact more.
- Weekly Date Night With Tracy
- While we don't have a ton of disposable income, I can't let that stand in the way of having fun and being romantic. Our relationship needs date night, fun and spontaneity. I have to do a better job of being a connected and present husband.
- Return to Church
- I've proven to myself numerous times the value and impact attending church has on my life - personally and professionally - so I need to commit to regular attendance (weekly). We have found a church we like, Denver Community Church, with two locations and two different times so there is no excuse for not attending.
- Establish Life's Concierge in Denver
- I believe in this business and I believe there is a need for a personal, on-the-go concierge service - Tracy proved it in San Diego. With a little extra attention and effort, I believe we can establish this company here in Denver and become the go-to concierge service for everyday needs.
- Commit to Writing E7
- E7 is a movement in the making. Rob is committed and is waiting on me so I cannot afford to be the dead weight that holds us back. We have a model we believe in, a process for writing that works for both of us and a story the world needs to hear. Commit to daily writing, even if it's for 10 minutes and I'll be back on track in no time.
- Educate and Inspire
- Not too long ago I realized my purpose. After thinking about it for quite some time, I realized that I am here and have the abilities to educate and inspire those around me. Those are the gifts God has given me. I need to remain focused, continue to develop my skills through study and practice and remember my purpose - to educate and inspire.
- Reduce Our Credit Card Debt by $10K
- While the average US household carries roughly $15K in credit card debt, we have a ways to go and the only way to reduce and pay off our debt is to tackle it head on. I am committing to paying down our debt by more than $10K in 2015.
- Add $5K to Our Savings Account
- In order to add $5K to our savings account, I'll need to save an additional $182/month, which is not a tall order. The way for me to do this is to add this to my automatic savings account deposit.
- Purchase a Home
- We've been renting (paying someone else's mortgage) for far too long. We can afford to buy a home, have the money to make a down payment, so there is nothing holding us back other than ourselves. 2015 is the year we become home owners - we just have to find the right place and realize that it may not be perfect or our "dream home". Together we'll make it our dream home.